Nemea Bank and Cookie Use
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file containing information about the behavior of an Internet user. This means it records preferences, such as the language chosen. From the technical perspective, a cookie is created by the server of the website visited but recorded on the user's hard drive.
Some cookies are necessary to the functioning of the website www.nemeabank.com. Others are used to draw up statistics allowing us to offer you a more enjoyable visit. We record preferences so that you do not have to choose your language on each visit for instance. There are different types of cookies. Nemea Bank may use technical, tracking and third party cookies.
Via technical cookies, we are able:
- to personalize our services for every user because your preferences are stored (choice of a language or currency…)
- to save you from having to make the same choices on each visit
- to gather information that you provide via online forms
- to draw up statistics
- to analyze our website’s usage
Via tracking cookies, we are able:
- to spare you from seeing the same advertising repeatedly
- to measure the efficiency of our marketing actions
Via third party cookies, we are able:
- to track and optimize Nemea Bank banners on other sites, if any
The cookies are stored on your hard disk for a maximum of 12 months.
The cookies used by Nemea Bank do not allow a person to be identified individually. Cookies do not contain any personal information so it cannot link you as a person to any name or surname. Only the IT system on which the cookie is stored can be identified via its IP address.
Authorize or block cookies?
Most Internet browsers are automatically configured to accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser to authorize or block cookies.
However, in the event of refusing cookies to be stored, Nemea Bank cannot guarantee you to access all the services on its website.